# What is Personal Data?
The typical Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) defines Personal Data every information belonging to you that can identify you indirectly as an personal.
This includes basic information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less clear information e. h. computer IP addresses, id numbers, electronic location data, and other online verifications.
# What are your rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- The right to access personal data held about you
- The right to have your personal data modified if inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to have your personal data deleted
- The right to object to the use of your personal data
- The right to be informed about the way we collect and use your personal data
#When do we collect information?
Information is collected when you place an order or make a purchase on our website, subscribe to our newsletter or special offers, fill out a contact form, respond to a survey or otherwise enter information on our website.
# What information do we collect?
When you use our website, we may sometimes record:
- The pages you visit on the website
- The type of device you use to access the website
- The browser used to access the website
- The IP address you use to access the website
In addition to the above, if you subscribe to our lists or make a purchase from the website we will also record:
- Email address
- Billing address
- Contact phone number
- We do not keep payment details – these are held by the payment processor who is fully compliant and uses SSL encryption for all data
# How long do we hold personal data?
We only ever ask for the absolute minimum of information to avoid storing unnecessary data.
Furthermore, we only hold data for as long as is necessary to enable us to provide you with a smooth, efficient service.
When you ask us to delete your data it will be done immediately.
If you have a purchase outstanding, your data will be deleted immediately this has been completed.
# Third Party Details
We use Third Parties to host and manage our website and subscriber lists and they each have their own secure methods of storing data and use secure encrypted connections when transferring data.
The payment processor on our cart uses secure SSL encrypted processes to manage your personal financial data and payments safely.
We use Google Analytics to discover and better understand what visitors search for or look at on our website. This can be pages visited, the amount of time spent on a page, the page they leave the site from etc. This data is gathered in an anonymous form by Google Analytics and there is no way to identify individuals from the data.
There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies – these expire at the end of your browser session
- Persistent cookies – these are stored on the device you used to access a website. They remain in place between browser sessions and remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites
- First-party cookies – are set by the site you are visiting
- Third-party cookies – are set by a third-party site and not from the site you are visiting
You can control how cookies behave on your devices by using the HELP feature of your browser. You find this in the top right or left corner of the popular commercial browsers e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Bing etc. This feature allows you to set preferences and you can decide to allow or block website cookies.
# Contact Us
At militaryepaulettes.com we are fully committed to keeping your personal data secure and safe. It will never be shared, given, loaned or sold to anyone.
Should you have any questions please get in touch – we'll be happy to answer them:
Room 504, Building 02,
No. 68 Tianyuan Middle Road,
Jiangning District, Nanjing,
email: angela.wang[ at ]militaryepaulettes[dot ] com
Cell phone: 008615850602353